Smart Pediatric Dentistry truly miss seeing all of our patients during this pandemic. We strongly feel that proper and routine dental care is key in the overall health of children. With that said, we are excited to be open once again and are looking forward to seeing all of your smiling faces. We are writing a quick post on both why we temporarily closed and how we plan to move forward from here. As always, our main goal is to provide our patients and parents with the best dental experience possible while keeping everyone as healthy as possible.
Why did we close?
On March 24th, 2020, the State of Utah along with the Utah Department of Health limited medical, dental, and veterinarian professionals to emergency and urgent care only. The main reason for this was to be proactive in preserving the masks, gowns, gloves and other personal protective equipment (PPE) that may be greatly needed by our healthcare colleges in the even that the pandemic overwhelmed our medical system here in Utah. We voluntarily followed this directive and have been limiting our practice to emergency and urgent care only.
On April 21, 2020, The State of Utah along with the Utah Department of Health rescinded the March 24th order. They found that hospital systems report sufficient supplies of PPE to meet the needs at this time. This means that we are once again electing to see our patients for both routine and emergency care. We will be follow guidelines set forth by the Utah Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and American Dental Association (ADA) in order to help slow the spread of Covid-19.
So what’s next?
Below are the guidelines put in place in order to keep our patients and our staff safe as we deliver premium dental care. The Covid-19 pandemic is an every evolving and always changing situation. We will have updates as needed. Thank you for your patience, and for trusting us in caring for your children.
- Our staff are symptom-free and, to the best of their knowledge, have not been exposed to the virus.
- Temperatures checks on staff prior to beginning of each work day
- Sneeze guards at check in/out desks
- Goggles or face-shields along with face-masks are to be worn during treatment of patients
- Staff are to follow the Stay Home, Stay Safe directives after work hours
- Closed waiting room at this time
- When arriving for appointment please stay in car and call office. A staff member will let each family in separately in order to to keep social distancing protocol
- Parents may be asked to fill out a Covid-19 consent form
- We may check temperatures on patients
- If parent/guardian has a mask at home we invite you to wear it. Otherwise please distance yourself six feet from staff and other families while in the office.
- Billing/payments over the phone in order to streamline your appointment
- One adult per family when possible
Feel free to call any of our offices if you have questions.